What is the meaning of a Sustainable Wardrobe?
- A Sustainable Wardrobe means owning pieces of clothing that are long lasting, durable, sustainable over time, fashion trends with low wear and tear.
1) Educate Yourself:
- The first step is educating yourself.
- Read blogs, and watch documentaries or short films on Sustainability.
- What is Sustainability? How does it make a difference? How will clothing choices save the planet?
2) Make Smarter Choices:
- Shop items that are eco-friendly, biodegradable, durable, have a low carbon footprint.
- Read about the products before buying. Know the brands, where they come from, what raw materials are being used.
- Fabrics that consume less water for cultivation are more eco-friendly like Hemp, Tencel, Bamboo etc.
- Make informed decisions and be a smart shopper
3) Look for Quality over Quantity:
- It is much better to buy a dress that is a little expensive but can be worn for years rather than 10 cheap dresses that start falling apart after 10 washes.
- Sustainable, eco-friendly, organic fabrics all might be slightly over priced than fast fashion. But they are in investment. They will last you longer.
- Invest in quality over quantity
4) Shop for Trans-Seasonal Clothes
- What is trans-seasonal? Fashion that is all season wear. That takes you from summer to spring to winter and lasts you more than just one season.
- Invest in a good pair of jeans, tees, blazers or some everyday dresses made from good durable fabrics.
- Climate plays a very important role when you are aiming to stay sustainable. Consider the weather change and buy clothes that you are going to wear across seasons.
Have we helped you make a #BetterChoice?
Small steps in life lead to the larger goal. Take these steps, invest in a sustainable wardrobe and save the planet. Check out our 100% eco-friendly fabrics collection and take one step closer to your sustainable wardrobe!