When you hear the word bamboo you automatically think of the bamboo plant but did you know that beautiful yarn is made from the bamboo plant that creates soft bamboo fabrics?
Bamboo fabric is made from the fibres extracted from the bamboo plant. These fibres are converted into yarn which can be blended with other fabrics also such as Hemp, Cotton, Linen etc. to make some beautiful Bamboo Fabric Blends.
100% Bamboo fabric is an alternative to synthetic fabrics as it is super soft, sustainable, eco-friendly, renewable and can be replenished at a faster rate. If you are still not convinced, here are reasons why you should choose bamboo fabric…
1. Odour Free
- The bamboo fabric keeps you odor free and leaves you smelling fresh even after a long day at work
- Being odor-free, the bamboo fabric is also antibacterial and antifungal
- Therefore also suitable for workouts, running, yoga, and an active lifestyle
2. Powerfully Insulating
- The bamboo fabric keeps you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, not a lot of fabrics l do this
- The cross-section of the fibre is covered with micro-gaps giving the fabric better insulation
- Bamboo fabric does not require regular ironing due to it being soft and remains crease-free
- The fabric is almost impossible to wrinkle and holds its shape exceptionally well, even after frequent washing
- Bamboo fabric is eco-friendly and has a really positive impact on the environment such as water scarcity, deforestation, soil erosion, etc.
- Bamboo is by far one of the most sustainable textiles available
Share with us in the comments about bamboo fabric – your views, experience or questions. And make the switch now!
Head over to our shop to have a look at our range of the two most sustainable fabrics – Bamboo and Hemp!